Wednesday, December 7, 2011

leather daddy

Some leather items I have made (mostly recently)

Firstly this watch-band I made a year and a half ago so I could wear an analogue watch without worrying about scratching or breaking the face. It is very soft now and can "heal" minor scratching and scraping with all the wax rubbed into it.

The inspiration is the "Vortex Manipulator" from the Dr. Who series.


Next is a simple case for holding double point knitting needles when not in use with the knitted piece still on. It helps from losing stitches when carrying knitting in a pack. It also prevents needles from poking through bags into ones back. (Which has happened to me a lot)
I just received my new safety glasses so I built a case to hold them

Similarly for a new hatchet. I prefer using a buckle for this as opposed to a snap as the leather will stretch and the buckle acts as a cam preventing accidental unfastening. but once it is unfastened the hatchet slides out sideways without any difficulty unlike the cases where the whole handle must be pulled through the top


No comments:

Post a Comment